Community-Wide Planning and Project Implementation
Seven Generations Ahead (SGA) serves as an extended “sustainability team” for local communities seeking to elevate their current environmental practices. Seven Generations Ahead conducts extensive research on sustainable city models and best practices across a wide range of sustainability areas, while leveraging its content and facilitation expertise to support local municipalities, businesses, and community institutions with sustainability planning and implementation. Working in collaboration with partners including private, public and non-profit sector organizations, SGA can help you make the shift to becoming a sustainable community.
Through grant funding, fee for service contacts, and project partnerships, Seven Generations Ahead will work with your community, government, business, or organization to support sustainability planning and project implementation.
SGA’s planning support includes:
- Facilitating comprehensive sustainability plan development
- Facilitating strategy development within specific sustainability areas
- Structuring multi-stakeholder community participation
- Designing input from the community at-large
- Incorporating technical experts to support strategy development
- Aggregating baseline data for community resource use
- Developing sustainability success Indicators
- Identifying short-term implementation priorities
- Supporting resource acquisition to support strategy implementation
- Developing transparent reporting mechanisms and processes
- Designing and implementing marketing and communications strategies
- Building long-term sustainable community organizational structures
SGA’s implementation support includes:
- Educating local elected officials, business, municipal and community leaders about best practices, leading practitioners, and proven projects.
- Designing and implementing specific projects, policies, and initiatives around zero waste, green building, local food, energy efficiency, renewable energy, green procurement, and water conservation/quality protection.
- Supporting school-based educational programming and initiatives
- Assisting with the identification and acquisition of project-related funding
- Supporting project evaluation and metrics